Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Formula 1

General

Mentioned
    1460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 Formula 1

So happy the season is finally under way, but it is under a dark cloud that it begins.
    For years I have come to look forward to the F1 broadcast team, unlike every other sport where I usually turn the announcer volume WAY down.
    Leigh Diffy, Steve Machette and David Hobbs have been the voice of F1 for years, and now that ESPN has the broadcast rights, their time has come to an end.
    I knew I would be disappointed with the new home of F1, I just didn't know it would bother me this much.
    I feel like I should give a few positives, but alas, there are few.
    1. There are significantly more cameras providing every possible viewing angle
    2. It is no longer just Will Buxton doing all of the on track commentary. There are several former F1 drivers, including F1 champion Damon Hill, splitting up the on track analysis duties. Which will give us more and better information.
    So far, those are the only 2 positives I have taken away so far, we'll see how this all unfolds.

I will say I will be subscribing to F1 TV when it finally goes live, then I will no longer be forced to watch ESPN's takeover of NBCSN's coverage.

Anyway, here is looking forward to a much more competitive 2018 campaign, and a rise of team Haas in the constructors championship.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't mind the coverage at all, although I had become used to the NBCSN crew and do miss them. It's all about eyeballs & you could tell that by the announcer's voice in the 2nd run of Q3. And if you haven't watched quali yet, I will just say this; brilliant! You will know it when you see it.

Former

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my one big complaint about the switch from NBCSN to ESPN using Sky Sports's feed is that they only showed the race and qualifying. There is no post-qualifying analysis or F1 Extra show. Just podium interviews, and cut, back to regular ESPN stuff.
    Yes, Virginia, there is someone from Zulu Company in Hawaii.

General

Mentioned
    1460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ESPN is merely recycling Sky Sports, they aren't even trying.

Inactive

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has the change to the cars made a difference?

I say the new crash ring on-line. It looks, um, interesting.
    Life is like box of chocolate....... Exlax

General

Mentioned
    1460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. They are safer, and much faster.
    Fastest a F1 car has ever been.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOVE the Chinese GP but HATE that 2 of 3 races determined by SC or VSC. Nevertheless, RedBull capitalized, Merc could have with Lewis & blew it. Max was overexuberant and the penalty ended up being less than the crime, but we now have a tighter championship (9 pts) than we would have if it was a Vettel runaway. Say what you want, but at least the races have an element of excitement we haven't seen in a while. I wish it wasnt due to safety cars, but no one is bored....

Baku is going to be all about Q3. Buckle up!

Former

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sebastian Vettel may be my favorite driver, but Daniel Ricciardo is a very close second. And for Gawd's sake does he really have to do that stupid shoey thing?! Doesn't he know where that shoe has been?!
    Yes, Virginia, there is someone from Zulu Company in Hawaii.

General

Mentioned
    1460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think it is possible for anyone to dislike Daniel Ricciardo, he is like a little kid, so exuberant and playful.
    I am loving this season so far, but Max needs to be put in check before he kills someone.

Inactive

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep missing races.

Loved watching the race in Dubai.
    Broadcast team looked good to me.
    The ring thing was not a distraction t all. Waiting for a team to figure out how to turn it into a downforce wing.
    Life is like box of chocolate....... Exlax